Center for Nonprofit Excellence E-News
WellFlorida Council, the region’s local health council and statewide consultants for health causes,
is a nonprofit focused on building healthy communities through partnerships that improve access to healthcare, eliminate health disparities and advocate for the underserved.
Established in 1969 and based in Gainesville, we are one of Florida’s 11 local health councils, a network of nonprofit agencies that conduct regional health planning and implementation activities. Our district includes 16 counties in North Central Florida.
As consultants for health causes, we keep local and state health policy decision makers informed, work with community coalitions and provide services to organizations in the public, private and nonprofit sector. We provide program management services to a number of local nonprofits, state and federally funded programs and special projects. Some examples include two Healthy Start coalitions, Rural Health Partnership of North Central Florida, Ryan White CARE Program, North Central Florida Cancer Control Collaborative, North Central Florida Trauma Agency and CommunityHealth IT.
• We provide many free resources to North Central Floridians through our various programs and projects, including:
o Help enrolling in insurance through the Marketplace: www.NCFNavigators.org
o HIV testing, condoms and education: www.EveryoneStopAids.org
o An online personal health record: www.My-HealthStory.org
o Resources for cancer patients and families: www.CancerResourceGuideNCF.org
o A parenting program: www.helpingbabiesgrow.org
o Maternal and infant care: www.healthystartncf.org
o Health related data for North Central Florida: www.WellFlorida.org
• Our public awareness campaigns, marketing materials and nonprofit branding are all done in-house by our graphic design and communications department.
• Our CEO and COO are adjunct lecturers at the University of Florida College of Public Health and Health Professions.
• WellFlorida has periodic openings for Board members. The WellFlorida Board is comprised of providers, consumers and purchasers of healthcare from each of the 16 counties we serve. To learn more about becoming a Board member, please contact Judi Brissette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WellFlorida has a long history of working with interns from the universities and colleges in North Central Florida. Learn more about internship opportunities on our website.
• Healthy Start of North Central Florida is looking for individuals interested in meeting the needs of pregnant women and infants to serve as Board members. Learn more by emailing Heather Hollingsworth at email@example.com.