Florida Healthcare Workforce Summit
When: Wednesday, September 28 & Thursday, September 29, 2016
Where: Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, 1 Grand Cypress Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32836
Registration is now open for invited participants of the Florida Healthcare Workforce initiative (FHW). Members of the Leadership Council, Regional Councils, and State and Professional Advisory Resource Groups for the FHW are invited.
The Statewide Healthcare Workforce Summit brings together key stakeholders with a vision to provide quality healthcare talent and innovation to meet the needs of Forida’s healthcare industry. The summit is convened to assemble members to network and collaborate on the work that is being accomplished. At the conclusion of the summit, members will gather to identify policy recommendations and determine if additional action or information is needed to implement policy change.
Summit activities include:
- Information sharing and networking
- Education regarding key issues:
• Future of the healthcare industry
• Current Healthcare workforce data
• Future Florida demographics presented by the Bureau of Economics and Business Research (BEBR)
• State and regional progress reports on attaining strategic initiatives
- A national panel presenting models of statewide healthcare workforce initiatives
- Discussion of potential policy recommendations impacting Florida’s workforce system that may be enacted by:
- CareerSource Florida Board of Directors
- State legislature
By holding the summit in partnership with the Florida Chamber Foundation’s 2016 Future of Florida Forum, FHW is joining several hundred of Florida’s most influential thought leaders including business leaders, industry experts and elected officials who will convene to discuss the most important issues impacting Florida’s future. Future of Florida topics will include workforce, prosperity, global competitiveness, innovation, economic development and much more.
For questions about the FHW Summit, please contact Karin Kazimi at 407-823-1138 or Karin@FLHealthcareWorkforce.org.Back to News page